22 April 2008

Decision Made

I have decided to take the position at East Carolina University. It truly is a no brainer when you consider what I am spending a month in fuel just to get to work. I will have less wear on my car and my nerves and more money in the bank.

The music library at ECU is small so I won’t be constantly bombarded with unimaginable personalities on a massive scale. I found myself very drained at the end of my day having to deal with the shear numbers at NCSU.

Also I noticed the ECU music library has more streamline procedures, which will make for smoother operations. As well there are only five of us working in the library and the work-study. As it stands here at NCSU there is something like 200! So I gave my two week notice today. My last day is the 3 May.

Funny thing is my supervisor also handed his resignation at the same time because he can’t bear to be without me. Ha! Actually he got a great internship at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York. He is about finished with his Masters. … My turn next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making the decision! I hope the new job is swell. - M

r. said...

Ah, didn't have time to post my suggestion [as if you need it! ha!] regarding on what you said from your last post. Congratulations KA! I would've done the same thing. I can't imagine your drive is even more further than mine. That's just wrong! ahaha!

Anyway, I owe you an email, but I was on vacation all last week. I'll respond some time tomorrow. I hope! heh! :-*