17 June 2007

Heading Home


Well I am heading home this morning and not a moment too soon. This place drives me CRAZY! It's always nice to visit with my mum and I always like to come back to Fort Myers to reconfirm the knowledge this town lacks soul.

I met a couple of Interior Decorators while visiting. They are going to make some drapery for my mothers bedroom. We hit it off rather well and they think I should relocate here because they believe I would be busy all the time. I know this would probably be true because people are moving here constantly and have money to burn, but I did not have the heart to tell them I don't really care for Fort Myers and Florida in general.

The cats had a good time. They enjoy having a full house to run around in and they definitely enjoy going out on the lanai. This morning a giant herrin flew down right in front of them which naturally sent them into a tizzy. Then a rabbit came by to torment them and just stared while it grazed.

Well I guess it's time to get the car loaded and head home to civilisation. ;) Hopefully the 8 hour drive will go by quickly and uneventfully. On the way here a stone flew up from the road and cracked my windscreen. I'm still pissed off about it.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Sorry about your windshield. Same thing happened to me a few months ago and the truck wasn't even in front of me! oy! Anyway, it's still broken. You fixing yours?

K-A said...

I believe I had seen somewhere a place that can repair small cracks. It would definitely be less money then replacing the window.

I am going to try this route and if it doesn't work out then yes, I will replace the window.