01 July 2006

Last Day In The Vortex Of Goo

I had to extend my time here by two days. As stated before I have too much stuff. I finally got the last of it in storage yesterday and started packing the U-Haul trailer last night. The things in the trailer are going with me to Florida, but it turns out I have more then I thought. Imagine that!

My friend Betsy came by to help with the trailer and the cleaning. I didn't go to bed until 2:00 AM this morning. My landlords came down and suggested I leave Sunday. They are wonderful people. I shall miss them. I called U-Haul and asked if I could keep the trailer an extra day. They said yes. So I shall leave early tomorrow morning.

Today Betsy and Toni came by earlier to help with more of the cleaning then we went for some brunch. It was nice to just relax and eat out after all these weeks of packing and moving. I got really tired and decided it was time for a nap. I just got up and I don't feel like such a zombie anymore.

Tonight I need to mop the kitchen floor and clean the bathroom and I shall be truly done. The apartment is oddly empty except for a few items yet to go on the trailer. My entire material wealth is crammed in to a 10x20 storage unit. It's just the cats and me now.

Change is good.

It's the last night in the vortex of goo. I shall break free of the vortex and escape! I hope because it does have the power to reach out and pull you back.

We shall see.

2 comments:

Homer said...

Hope everything is going well with the move.

K-A said...

Homer,

Come help me. IT'S ENDLESS!