20 May 2007

Geek Issues: Blogger Messed Up

My blog has been slightly messed up these past few days. My good friend, Robert left a comment recently, but it would not show up as being there. Then today when I added a post concerning the fashion show it too would not show up.

In order to fix whatever was wrong I had to update my template, which deleted my header, fonts and sound. Blogger states the new templates give you more control. Well yes and no. I usually copied my template into Dreamweaver when I wanted to make changes and now it won't let me do that.

I can't change the size of my header easily and when I uploaded the previous header it was so huge it was out of position. They don't tell you the required dimensions so you must keep changing the size and uploading until you get it right! The above header is my original from when I began the blog. It was the easiest to resize.

I have been toying with the idea of moving my blog over to my .Mac account because it's something I am paying for and not utilizing. It's limited in other ways, but at least it's not as unreliable as Blogger. The only thing about that bothers me about .Mac is you need to know the address to get to it.

Oh hell, I don't know. We shall see.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Hey, I'm there now. I do exist! :-)

Have you considered Wordpress? Or even installing MovableType. It's free and I love it. I wrote down my own instructions [in case I forget, which I tend to] on MT installation. If you're keen to it, lemme know. It only take like 13 steps.

Well, that's all folks. Hope you have a great week K-A!! xoxo

K-A said...

I have thought of Wordpress, but I looked at the instructions and I ran away.