20 June 2006

Decision Made

Wow, so much time has passed since my last post. I have been busy packing and purging.

IT’S ENDLESS! I have actually been purging and boxing things for the Goodwill, but I still have plenty more that I am keeping.

It’s surprising how relaxed I am about not being employed. I am rather elated over being let go from SCAD. I was so unhappy. It was shear torture going to work every day and utterly boring. Couple that with the unprofessional behaviour of the so-called “professionals” it really made for a depressing environment.

The staff morale throughout campus is so low it’s amazing. In the department I worked alone the majority of individuals have a gripe. I also know of several individuals whom are looking for jobs elsewhere.

Now I am free. Free of the bonds that held me to that place for so long and I FEEL GREAT!

My friend Gloria came to visit me from Los Angeles. We had a good time. A wee bit too much because we gave ourselves a touch of alcohol poisoning. We were both out of it for two and half days. Oh well. Live and learn. I can say that won’t happen again. I think.

I have also been visiting with family and friends saying my goodbyes. I am going to escape the vortex of goo! You ask where I am going? Well, a decision has been made.

I am going to move to Florida. Yes, another bastion of right wing extremism. Anyhow, I am going home to stay with my mum for a while. Yes. Classic, I know. A 39-year-old gay man, unemployed and living with his mother. OH, and I was contacted by a former high school classmate via an email informing me that she is coordinating our 20-year reunion. GREAT! I feel like this is a script to a bad sitcom. Of course I won’t be attending. I have avoided all the others.

I decided not to pick up and settle down somewhere arbitrary and hope to find a job. It would end up being a waste of money. My mum is right. She said I should come home so I don’t have to pay rent, etc. She also offered to take care of Nora-Grace and Tabitha when I am off for interviews. A baby sitter! That’s a good thing.

So I must continue to pack away. The movers arrive on the 29 June and I escape the vortex on the 30 June.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Hi honey. I'm glad that you feel so much better about not working at that hellhole anymore!!! So happy for you!

Yay for mom!!! I'm sure it brings her great joy that you'll be moving in with her for awhile. Good for your wallet, too! :-) Gotta do what you gotta do, right?

I might not meet you anytime soon, but as long as you keep writing, I'll be reading K-A!!!

NO MORE VORTEX OF GOO!!! YAAAAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad a decision has been reached. I will still get you up here, I swear it. :-)